Friday 3 March 2017

Boracayin' This Summer!


Boracay - won a "lottery" of sorts. Let’s just say that if there was a beauty pageant for beaches, this tiny island in the Philippines would take the crown. And I suppose in some ways, Boracay has won a “pageant”. For several years, the combination of powdery white sand and turquoise waters has landed Boracay at the top of countless lists, proclaiming it the world’s best beach.

However, being named among the best beaches in the world comes at a price. Boracay is far from undiscovered, and we were hardly the only foreigners. Unlike the beaches in Miami or Hawaii though, it never felt crowded.

We traveled to the Visayas with our Lolo Daddy. Together we’d escaped the slums of Batangas for a bit, and felt no need to do anything besides relax and soak up the sun. My cousins and I spent our days sipping fruity drinks on the beach and wandering through what seemed to be a life-sized screen saver. Yes, Boracay had become my screen saver before. We even pampered ourselves with a body massage on the beach. And the price for one hour of pure relaxation, you ask? Just a 150 Pesos.

Sounds pretty perfectly fun, doesn’t it? Well, I haven’t yet got to the most beautiful part.
The sunsets in Boracay are a sight that cannot be removed in your mind. Mind-blowing combinations of yellows and purples filled the sky as sailboats floated past us. They were without a doubt the most stunning sunsets we have ever seen. And I imagine they will be hard to top.




So if you really wanna experience the true fun of Boracay, I suggest you to go visit there for a few days. You might see me there this summer cause it happens to be that my lolo lives near that please. 

Love ya guys! Have a great reading! 



No comments:

Post a Comment